Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Finding the important behind the urgent.

   Sometimes morning is just the best time of day.  My peaceful time when it's really just me and my drive to work.  The radio is off, time to contemplate the beauty that is!  How did I get so lucky to be able to see such things so often?

   It's part of my meditation being able to admire the work that is each marvelous day!  Life is to short to be stuffy.

   I work with people and cars for a living, neither will co-operate often times. However, keeping a clear head and "seeing" beyond the urgent to the important is a real task at times.

   I find that meditation allows me to clear my head of the various distractions and the attention monkeys.  "Seeing" clearing to the heart of the matter is a gift and talent that requires constant attention especially when you don't have time to do it. Taking time each morning to clear heart, head and soul has proven very beneficial to my daily quality of life.  I would recommend it to anyone who wishes to get more out of their daily experience.

   I love the lyrics from Sheryl Crow "It's not wanting what you want. It's wanting what you've got."  It's called having an appreciation for what is.

   Yes, I do practice several forms of meditation depending on my level of focus each day.  Sometimes it's sitting in total silence and stillness.  Sometimes it's a series of mantras to gather my focus for the day.  Even certain sound exercises to clear the soul and quiet the mind.  Each one has it's place and each one is used more or less for the same purpose, to find my place in the big picture of the day.

   What do you do to quiet the mind and find clarity?  How does it add to the quality of your day and your experience?

May your heart be at peace, may your peace bring joy to you and those around you.

Billy B.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh. I love the peacefulness of morning and appreciating the beauty around me! And I really love the quote from Sheryl Crow.

    As far as what I do to quiet the mind and find clarity? I don't know, but whatever it is, I don't do it nearly often enough! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found that it takes discipline to get to the point I pause each day and "set the foundation" for the day. Now it comes easier once it's a habit.

    Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete