Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Minutia

   I will acknowledge that the last couple of weeks have been very trying from an emotional perspective.  I have let things get to me.  It is in my nature to want to do well at whatever I do, commit to or are responsible for.  Over the last month there has been challenges at work I simple have not been able to figure out how to address them, solve them or move beyond them.  Letting go and letting things find their own solutions has not really been an option (after all, I'm only one branch from the top of the tree) and passing it along to the top  has not netted much results either.

  So, why do I feel rested and ready to go today? Good question.  No real answers other than maybe, I feel like the end of the current challenges are in sight.  A good night's rest didn't hurt me either way.  I can say this, as I read daily in the Tao Te Ching ( I read daily from several sources),  I keep thinking of one passage.

"When people are born they are gentle and soft.
At death they are hard and stiff...
Therefore the followers of death are hard and stiff.
The gentle and soft are the followers of life."

   I find that the more I struggle against life, the more challenging it becomes and the more I enjoy, roll with the punches and participate instead of resist life's events and happenings the more I have fun and appreciation for what is.

   Christ said "Do not kick against the pricks"  If it hurts and is a struggle, maybe you shouldn't be doing it.

"These three treasure I hold and cherish.
The first is compassion.
The second is frugality.
The third is not daring to put my self a head of everybody."


   Having compassion puts you in others shoes.  Being frugal keeps you from trying to find self in things and not putting yourself a head of others is humility.

   Wise words indeed.

   What do you do to recharge when life wears on you?  How do you clear a way the minutia of daily challenge?  Does struggle help or hinder?  Is there grace in accepting and living with? Is there also time when you realize that change, not struggle is necessary?

Peace, love and compassion to you and yours.

Billy B

1 comment:

  1. Change is good, acceptance is better.

    Thank you for the Inspirational Blog Award. I haven't picked it up yet, because I really need to think about what I would say. Appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete