Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Power to swell the hearts of men.

   I have to admit that I enjoy the rather long drive I have to work each morning and the drive home has it'same advantages.  I like the peace and the one on one me time.  I use it to prepare for the day or to wind down from the day so that I don't bring my work home with me.  It is necessary more often than I may succeed.

   I work with the public for a living. It's a basic because of my skills and personality type.  I would gladly devote my life to people who need encouragement to believe in themselves.  This, in and of it'self can be quite challenging yet I believe the rewards, meaning improving the selfworth of those who need it, would be reward enough.  One of the natural parts of working with people for a living is, of course, stress.  People are like repairing cars for a living.  No matter what you do, sometimes they will not do what you want or need them to do.

   I also find that the drive to work allows me to connect with nature to a certain extent by viewing the marvelous sunrises and sunsets should my timing be good.  There are few sights that stir me more than seeing the day begin or come to an end in such a beauty filled display.  I would suggest there is great joy in greeting the day as the sun rises.

   What do you do to ground your senses and sort the day's noise from your mind?  Do you find that there is solace in a moment of personal reflection and space?  How does it effect your interactions with others?  What can you incorporate into your daily routine to improve upon this?

   I love being a positive influence in the lives of others.  Are you a motivator or a squeaky wheel?

Peace, power to swell the hearts and courage of men be yours.

Billy B

3 comments:

  1. Hi WilyBCool, I like what you share today. Thank you.

    For the past 15 years I use to drive to work in a massive jam 1.5 hours to reach office in the morning and the evening traffic takes me 2 to 3 hours to reach home. And with my son whom I sent to daycare school, imagine he making so much of noise, wanting to pee and all that. And most day he has to take his dinner in the car which I had prepare earlier.
    This is where I learn to be patience and control my bad temper. I'm glad I had overcome it. LOL
    But I'm glad I don't have to drive in the traffic jam since then, my office is now 3 mins drive from my home.
    I'm not a very good motivator but I'm neither a squeaky wheel too.
    We all still learning from each other regardless how old we are.

    I have a inspiration award for you, please claim it from my blog. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upon rising in the morning, I quietly head straight to the couch by the window (my girls would still be sleeping) -- look out to the unfolding day and have a quiet chat with God. I talk a lot about everything I want Him to know, but when there's nothing much to say.. I'd simply sit quietly with Him. Oh yes, He's right there. Such a peaceful presence to bless and start the day with.

    It's on moments like it that I ask Him what He would want me to write about. Always the answer comes as clear as the morning sun. The thoughts and words just come out like a flowing stream :-) ... that thinking is no effort at all.

    Blessings to you, Billy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your thoughts and for reading my little blog. ;D Amelia I will be by to check it out. Thank you! Ellen, You are right. It's the quiet times that are the best conversations with God.

    Thank you again, very touching.

    ReplyDelete